Tshepo Nonceba Motsisi from Sandton sent us her couscous and pork recipe. We spiced it up with tikka.
Preparation time: 10 min | cooking time: 25 min | serves 6
800 g pork mince
125 ml (½ cup) breadcrumbs
10 ml (2 tsp) ground turmeric
10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
5 ml (1 tsp) ground white pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
500 g jar tikka masala paste
400 g light coconut milk
5ml (1 tsp) lemon zest, finely grated
30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced, to garnish couscous, to serve
- Mix the mince, breadcrumbs and egg in a bowl until the egg is well incorporated.
- Roll the mince into golf-ball-sized meatballs and set aside.
- Combine the turmeric, coriander and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the meatballs and turn to coat all the sides. Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Cook meatballs for 2 minutes on each side until they are
- golden. Remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the masala paste, coconut milk, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until they are done.
- Serve them in individual bowls with some of the sauce.
- Top each dish with spring onion.
- Serve with warmed couscous.