2 large or 4 small smoked Eisbeins (pork shanks)
2 carrots, cut into pieces
4 bay leaves
60ml (¼c) honey
6 potatoes, peeled and cooked
30ml (2T) milk
15ml (1T) wholegrain
2,5ml (½t) Dijon
honey to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put a wire rack on a baking sheet and grease with nonstick spray.
- Put the pork, onions, carrots, bay leaves and peppercorns in a large pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to cover, close the lid firmly and boil for an hour or until tender (the meat should nearly fall off the bone).
- Transfer the pork from the pressure cooker to the prepared wire rack.
- Lightly pat the meat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle half the honey over the meat and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turnover, drizzle the rest of the honey over and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Mash the ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove the meat from the bone and flake, or keep the shanks whole.
- Drizzle more honey over and serve with the mash.