This is comfort food without much fuss. You can substitute the spicy beans for non-spicy ones.
Preparation: 5 min | cooking: 20 min | serves 4-6
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
1 onion, sliced
8 pork bangers
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 x 400 g can baked beans in chilli sauce
salt and pepper
handful parsley, chopped mashed potatoes, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion and sausages over moderate heat for five minutes, turning the sausages often so they brown all over.
- Add the garlic and beans (with the sauce) to the pan.
- Fill the empty bean can with water, swirl and add the mixture to the pan.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- urn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sausages are done.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the parsley over and serve with the mashed potatoes.