Give this pork dish an added touch by covering it with bacon.
Preparation: 15 min | cooking: 40 min | serves 4
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
300 g pork fillet
salt and black pepper
250 g streaky bacon
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
mashed potato to serve
- Heat oven to 150 °C.
- Mix the oil, garlic and tomato paste.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper, then spread with the tomato paste mixture.
- Wrap the pork in bacon and hold the bacon in place with tooth picks.
- Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil in an oven roasting pan on the stove.
- Fry the pork until slightly brown.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan with foil and put into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the tooth picks and slice into medallions with a sharp knife.
- Serve with mashed potato.