Marinating the pork chops in the sauce will intensify the taste.
Preparation: 10 min | cooking: 8 min | serves 4
1 lemongrass stalk (optional)
2 red chillies, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
125 ml (½ cup) orange juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) malt vinegar
10 ml (2 tsp) oil, extra for drizzling
salt and pepper
4 bone-in pork chops
400 g cherry tomatoes
- Bash and slice the lemongrass, if using. Put in a bowl with the chillies, garlic, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper.
- Prick the chops with a fork and coat with the mixture.
- You can cook them immediately or let them marinate in the sauce for an hour.
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan and cook the chops for four minutes on each side or until done.
- Drizzle oil over the tomatoes and grill for five minutes.
- Serve with the chops.