Preparation: 15 min | cooking:10-15 min | serves 4
2 (300g each) pork fillets
salt and freshly ground pepper
15ml (1T) olive oil
juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
10g fresh parsley, chopped
10g fresh basil, chopped
2 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped from stems and chopped
½ day old ciabatta, broken into pieces
60ml (¼c) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500-650g mixed tomatoes, chopped
generous handful fresh basil, torn
30ml (2T) balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Pat the fillets dry using paper towels. Season with the salt and pepper, and rub with olive oil.
- Heat a large nonstick pan until smoking.
- Seal the fillets all sides until a golden crust forms.
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes or until done as preferred.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well and spoon onto a plate.
- Roll the fillets in the herbs and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and set aside.
- In the meantime, arrange the bread chunks on a large baking sheet.
- Use half of the olive oil, mix in the garlic and drizzle over the bread. Grill in the same oven as the fillets until golden and crispy.
- Mix the tomatoes,basil, the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
- Season with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix in the bread chunks and dish onto a serving plate.
- Top the salad with the fillet strips.
- Garnish with lemon and basil.