These fritters can also be enjoyed on their own.
Preparation: 15 min | cooking: 1 hr 10 min | serves 6
250 ml (1 cup) pumpkin, cooked
250 ml (1 cup) flour
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
30 ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
60 ml (¼ cup) milk
pinch of salt
oil, for deep frying
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
500 g pork goulash
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) cumin
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown and done.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels, to allow the oil to drain.
- Continue until all the fritters are done.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the oil and brown the pork in batches.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for one hour or until tender.
- Serve with the pumpkin fritters.