The sweet and spicy flavours in this recipe really complement the pork.
Preparation: 10 min | cooking: | 3 hr 10 min | serves 4
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green chilli, minced
750 ml (3 cups) tomato sauce
250 ml (1 cup) dark brown sugar
250 ml (1 cup) apple cider
125 ml (½ cup) apple juice
125 ml (½ cup) honey
15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire
salt and black pepper
2,5 ml (½ tsp) chilli flakes
1,5 kg pork ribs
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃ .
- In a large saucepan, add oil and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli over a medium-high heat until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, apple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Put the ribs on a baking sheet, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and start basting the ribs.
- Return to the oven and cook for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and tuck in!
- You can also boil the ribs: Put them in a pot, cover with water and boil for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the water and grill in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning and basting until brown.